Please note: orders will currently be shipped within 7 days.
Beyond the Scores: Evaluating Speech and Language Skills of Children who are D/HH
Take the course!
Group Access – Beyond the Scores: Evaluating Speech and Language Skills of Children who are D/HH
Audience: Pediatric speech-language pathologists, itinerant teachers, teachers of the deaf
This course shows how to better understand speech and language skills of children who are d/hh. Gaps in language skills may be obvious for some students but with others it takes observation. This course tells how to prepare for and administer speech and language evaluations and interpret results. You will learn how to determine why a student has difficulties and identify support strategies.
- How to prepare for speech and language evaluations
- How to administer assessments and then interpret the results
- How to maximize the value of standardized evaluations to understand why a student is having difficulties
- How to identify strategies to support him in the classroom based on testing results
Participants will be able to:
- Identify unique components of conducting formal speech and language evaluations with children who are deaf and hard of hearing
- Recognize skills not assessed in formal testing that are pertinent to the success of children who are deaf and hard of hearing
- Analyze a student’s performance during speech and language evaluations in relation to audition
Length: Approximately 30 minutes
Continuing Education Credits
This course is offered for 0.05 ASHA CEUs (Introductory level, Professional area)
.5 LSLS CEUs, AG Bell Academy
Financial: Ms. Unser is a speech-language pathologist at CID – Central Institute for the Deaf.
Non-financial: No relevant non-financial relationship exists.
CID – Central Institute for the Deaf has developed and published a language assessment and tracking tool trademarked as TAGS (Teacher Assessment of Grammatical Structures). This presentation will reference, but not focus on, the TAGS and will include limited or no information on related products.