Please note: orders will currently be shipped within 7 days.
Preview: A Coaching Mindset: Considerations for Family Sessions
EI: A Coaching Mindset – Considerations for Family Sessions
Audience: Early intervention providers, parent counselors, speech therapists
As an early intervention provider, you have a finite number of visits with the family of a child with hearing loss. In that limited time, your task is to go from saying hello to modeling techniques to inspiring parents in ways they can’t yet imagine. Is this simple? You know it isn’t. Is it worth the effort? Early and consistent exposure to listening and spoken language will literally change the direction of a child’s life.
Every family is different, but the principles and habits of planning and preparing for successful family sessions are constant. And nothing beats direct advice from your colleagues in the field. “EI: A Coaching Mindset – Considerations for Family Sessions” will refresh your thinking with the strategies of experienced, working early interventionists who use the CID Domains of Knowledge as a framework for planning and preparing for family sessions.
This course will help you focus your planning and preparation using a coaching model to accomplish the all-important goal of parent engagement, bringing results that last a lifetime.
Participants will be able to:
- Explain the benefits of a coaching model
- Utilize CID’s Domains of Knowledge and Plan and Reflect documents as a guide for family sessions
- Apply specific strategies to conduct successful sessions with families
- Identify personal and professional boundaries to set with families and ways to adhere to those boundaries
- Explain ways to address safety during home visits with families
- Demonstrate ways to build trust with families to create engagement
Length: Approximately 34 minutes
Continuing Education Credits
.5 LSLS CEUs, AG Bell Academy
Financial: The presenter, Daun Grempler, MSDE, CED, is a teacher of the deaf and early intervention provider in the Joanne Parrish Knight Family Center.
Non-financial: No relevant non-financial relationship exists.
Purchasing a course allows access for individual use only. For group view options, please click here.