CID is dedicated to helping all children who are deaf and hard of hearing learn to listen, talk, read and succeed. To support our mission, we have partnered with Esuchar sin Limites. Esuchar sin Limites is a Spanish-speaking organization working to support children with hearing loss through “family empowerment, professional training and access to information.”
Both CID and Esuchar sin Limites believe in the unlimited potential of children with hearing loss and know that with the proper support, there are no limits to what they can accomplish. To ensure the success of these children, we are collaborating to expand upon the resources available to Spanish-speaking communities.
In honor of National Hispanic Heritage Month (September 15-October 15), we want to highlight this collaboration by sharing our translated resources and the amazing work that Esuchar sin Limites is doing.
Spanish-translated blog posts:
- Reducing background noise in the classroom and optimizing your acoustic environment
- Theory of mind and hearing loss: Teaching children for social and academic success
- Training the brain: Executive function for children with hearing loss
- Not just child’s play: The relationship between play and language
- Standard scores and raw scores and percentiles… oh my!
Spanish-translated Quick Tip videos
- Ling Sound Check
- How to Elicit Language Using Sabotage
- Preferential Seating for Students who are Deaf and Hard of Hearing
- Using Hearing Assistive Technology
Photo created by freepik.