Please note: orders will currently be shipped within 7 days.
Preview: EI: Foundational Strategies for Coaching Families
EI: Foundational Strategies for Coaching Families
Audience: Early intervention providers, parent counselors, speech therapists
Building relationships with parents and families can be tricky, but it is central to the challenge of early intervention for children with hearing loss. At CID, we work side by side with all kinds of families who have chosen listening and spoken language for their young children. Every day, our professionals thoughtfully cultivate relationships to enable families to powerfully engage their children after the visit ends.
In “EI: Foundational Strategies for Coaching Families”, working early interventionists share their experiences to help you confidently work with families. Their field-tested strategies, examples and tips will guide you toward cultivating mutual respect and common purpose through coaching. The resulting parent empowerment will last throughout the child’s life.
Your engagement with any given family is limited. We encourage you to make the most of it during this critical learning period in their child’s life.
Participants will be able to:
- Demonstrate ways to build effective relationships with families during sessions
- Utilize strategies to assess the family’s status during sessions
- Identify ways to gather information when it’s not verbally stated
- Determine ways to remain respectful of a family’s cultural differences
- Describe expectations that need to be balanced during sessions
- Recognize small successes to share with families during sessions
- Identify parent behaviors that show empowerment
Length: 39 minutes
Continuing Education Credits
.5 LSLS CEUs, AG Bell Academy
This course has been approved for Illinois Early Intervention Credit Hours (0.25 Intervention, 0.25 Working with Families).
Financial: The presenter, Daun Grempler, MSDE, CED, is a teacher of the deaf and early intervention provider in the Joanne Parrish Knight Family Center.
Non-financial: No relevant non-financial relationships exist.
Purchasing a course allows access for individual use only. For group view options, please click here.